Tuesday, April 5, 2011

More of the "D" Word

Exercise? I'm not feelin' it today or yesterday, or the day before...
I am in week five of my journey towards a healthier lifestyle. I have been successful in weight loss while still eating my favorite foods, did anyone say pizza? and eating out at local diners; had to pass up the coconut cream pie though made at the best italian restaurant in Syracuse. I will be having a piece down the road when it is time to celebrate.
I started exercising about the same time I decided to eat better and not so much, i.e. portion control. But today I am in a rut when it comes to getting myself moving. Could be the snow on the ground. I did walk three miles yesterday, and took a 3.2 mile jaunt on Saturday at 7AM, some of it uphill, knowing there was coffee and coffee cake, small piece, as my reward.
I haven't felt deprived these past few weeks when it comes to eating. In fact my mom asked me if I was craving anything and I'm really not. I think the biggest reason and the biggest change I have made is that I eat breakfast everyday. It has really made a difference in how much I eat throughout the day.
Exercise is another story. I don't look forward to it yet like I did last summer when I was at our local park almost everyday, I couldn't wait to get there.
Everyday this winter seemed like a 'rainy day monday that always gets me down'(Karen Carpenter), except that it was snow and not rain.
Sharing this with my faithful readers because anything that is worth the effort like exercise and eating right, reading and studying God's Word on a daily basis, taking care of, discipling and disciplining our children, takes effort, discipline, pushing yourself because we know that whatever we do we can glorify God.
I found this article about exercise, which was an encouragement to me because 1 Corinthians 10:31 is my life verse. Whatever I am doing, eating, parenting, shopping, watching NCAA mens basketball...I want to glorify God.

Does God Care About Exercise?

Read the series

1 comment:

Ellen Coulter said...

Don't despair over struggles with exercise... When I don't feel like exercising, I say to myself, "just worry about exercising today." That helps me to not feel overwhelmed. Before you know it, you will look forward to it and how good it makes you feel! One day at a time!