Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Babies

Last week a good friend gave birth to a beautiful, healthy boy. Loving babies as much as I do, I was able to ooh and aah over him, not one day but two. The entrance of Baby K has given me cause to reminisce when my older three, who are no 21, 19, and 17, were 4, 2, and newborn. How did I find time to fellowship with the Lord, centering my life around him rather than three little ones that demanded my never ending attention? Did I find time to pray, did I find time to read and study His Word? Back to my journals I went where I knew I would find my answer. To my dismay and horror, those years, about seven of them, were missing. I was frantic. Where had they been moved to? Worse yet who had read them? Oh ya, I had transferred them from paper to computer, now where were they? And the light came on. Not missing! Never written. My practice for those harried days was to remind myself that God had given me children, at the time I thought it was more spiritual to be leading women's Bible studies and womens ministries.(silly me) My prayer for years ago and today is that He would help me make time for His Word. God answered that prayer by enabling me to get them all quiet for a few minutes. Yes, it's possible. Those were days which turned into years, when I wasn't able to do the studying, reading, teaching or journaling I do today. But God,(I love those words), kept me by His grace, answering my prayer of Psalm 42:1-2, that He would give me the desire to long and thirst for Him and His Word. And remembering my life verse, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God's glory." (I Corinthians 10:31) Including being the best mother I could be, for motherhood is the highest calling. The harried days lasting for only a season.

No comments: