Thursday, August 5, 2010

Too much water

As I approach the second anniversary of beginning my blog I was looking back to previous posts. This was an early post, done in October of 2008. I am repeating it here to remind myself of 'why' I blog and to keep my life centered and grounded in the precious Word of God. The only way to know Him.

The goal of my blog is to communicate to you that I want to "know Christ" and make him the supreme center of everything I do in every season of life. This year I believe the Lord has been showing me more of himself, or it could be that God now has my undivided attention, through His Word. You won't see me stray far from that goal. I want to know him and His Word, so you will see a lot about that topic. I was recently thinking about being waterlogged, can't tell you why. It means to be so filled or soaked with water that the object that is waterlogged becomes too heavy or hard to manage; saturated. Can you be Bible-logged?(probably not a word!) Am I so saturated with God's Word that I am overflowing with it? Hmmmmm.(10-2008)

I want to be able to say with the Psalmist:
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
Psalm 73:25

No comments: