Monday, August 16, 2010

Focus

A re-written post from a couple of years ago.

Do I see my life with a single focus and the cross of Christ being that focus?


"...find the God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated passion of your life, and find your way to say it and live for it and die for it. And you will make a difference that lasts. You will not waste your life." 

John Piper-- Don't Waste Your Life

"For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified."
1 Corinthians 2:2


The example I follow in this is of course Jesus Christ, but also my dad, who wasn't a pastor or theologian and may not have said this in so many words, but did this in the example of his life, right up until the day he walked into eternity. For those of you who are new to my posts, you can read about my dad on 9-3 and 10-7. He preached Christ with his life.


Another of God's gracious gifts to me has been the example of a godly husband. If I had to explain him to you I would use the quote by John Piper quoted earlier in this post. Over the years he always has had his Bible open always wanting to know God and what God has to say about anything and everything. He is God-centered and Bible saturated. 
Thanking God for the people he puts in my life.

No comments: