Friday, March 27, 2009

Wanderings in the Midwest

Monday I'm off to see my mom and sister's again, meet up with a cousin I don't see very often, and have coffee with another "sister". Justin will be travelling with me seeing his grandmother for the first time since his grandfather passed away. He wasn't able to make it to the funeral. Justin was our first born, and the first born grand son on both sides of our family. Since my dad had only daughters, Justin and he formed a bond instantly spending many days, weeks, and vacation times on the cattle and grain farm that my mom and dad operated. I know he misses him more than he ever talks about.
So I will be absent from one of my favorite places, writing here, for a week. Not promising anything, but if I find a spare moment will keep you posted on my wanderings in the midwest. Please keep me and Justin in your prayers as we visit, there are days when the hole in my heart is the size of Texas, it just doesn't seem possible that my dad isn't here anymore.
I miss him.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Oh Jody...I know you miss him...

I will be praying for travel mercies for you and your son, both coming and going.

You'll be missed here.