Wednesday, September 2, 2009

God-Centered Advice

I received a list of prayer requests this week from a godly friend who asked for prayer in an area I hadn't really given much thought to but was a very wise request.
The meat of one of the requests was this:


"I want to give God-centered advice to my children and spouse when asked, wanting the ability to recognize when an opinion is being given rather than a word from the Lord to their heart, which comes from God's Word."



"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."
Psalm 19:14


How many times do I just spout something out of my mouth before even considering what I am going to say? Do I listen to what is being said or asked or am I going over in my own mind what my answer will be? Or am I considering the Word of God and how the question should be answered according to His Word or is it just my opinion?

The only way to give a God-centered response is to know the GOD of the Bible.


"Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding."
Proverbs 17:27


Proverbs is full of the wisdom of God.



1 comment:

Janel said...

So important! Thanks for sharing!