Saturday, September 19, 2009

"God doesn't want religious duty. He doesn't want a distracted, half-hearted "fine, I'll read a chapter...now are You happy?" attitude. God wants His Word to be a delight to us, so much so that we meditate on it day and night."
Francis Chan-Crazy Love

"He is like a tree planted beside streams of water that bears its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."
Psalm 1:3


Yes, I'm a broken record when it comes to God's Word, there is no other way to know God who wants to have an intimate relationship through His Son, Jesus.

No desire for His Word? Ask God to make His Words like


'honey dripping from the honeycomb."
Psalm 19:7-11


1 comment:

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Jody,

When i was younger i use to think the Bible was boring, but i prayed just as you said, and i asked God to teach me His word and to help me to understand. So i bagan reading a chapter in the Bible every night before going to bed. God was faithful in hearing my prayer, His Word was delicious and i just couldn't get enough. And ya know what He is still teaching me and it is still delicious :)