Monday, June 28, 2010

Chronicles of Summer 2010

Summer vacation has officially started for us here in New York,last day of school was last Wednesday. It seems the school year goes on forever, but thankfully it is here and I have a plan. You would think I would have figured this out years ago with my three older children who are now 23, 21 and 19. With them so close in age I should have had a plan for the summer to ward off the summertime boredom blues. I'm excited to be spending some fun time with Lauren and her friends this summer, so Lord-willing none of us will be bored.

Monday is our day off, so we will do something as a family.

I was so excited to find free movies at our local theaters on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, packing a lunch to take to the park after.

Visiting many local parks in Onondaga County, and many of them are free. Jamesville Beach and Green Lakes State Park are 15-20 minutes from our house, so swimming is on the agenda too. I also want to visit here, probably a day trip.
We have a fun regional market open on Thursday and Saturday, with yard sales and farmer's markets on Fridays.

As previously stated in a recent post, I love to read, and trying to instill the same love in my 10 year old, we are off to the local library today.

Any of my friends want to join me on these outings, you know where to find me. :)

We both have our 'chore chart', have to have clean clothes and something to eat, so we will do our chores before the fun begins. Only right thing to do I guess.

Vacations and Church Camp are on the calendar too. Will try to keep my camera handy and share our 2010 Summer with you.

Shout out to Terri who inspired me to make a plan.

No comments: