Tuesday, July 13, 2010

God's Word and my Mouth

My daily reading has recently taken me through the book of Ecclesiastes. As I have read through this verse by verse, I am reminded that I have never done a Bible Study on this book. The following verses were quite convicting a few days ago:

"Be not rash with your mouth, not let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few. For a dream comes with much business, and a fool's voice with many words."
5:2-3

"Let not your mouth lead you into sin,,,"
5:6

At the same time I was reading the gospel of Matthew regarding what is in our hearts comes out in what we speak. OUCH!! Enough for one day. More on this tomorrow when I will fill you in on how God is using His Word in my life. 

No comments: