Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Theology 101

 Christian Beliefs: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know
Chapter 4 What is Creation?

1. In what ways do God's acts of creation give me great humility?
    God created me, Jody, in His image (Genesis 1:27) God created
    me for a special purpose which should also give me great dignity
   because God has always had me on His mind. (Psalm 139)

2. List some ways the earth, animals and myself can give glory to God the Creator.
    The earth glorifies God by displaying his creation in a sunset or rainbow.
    The animals glorify God in the majesty of a lion or the meekness of a lamb.
    I can glorify God by sharing a sunset with my daughter or loving my
   husband at the end of the day.

3. How does God think about all of his creation?
    God delights in his creation because all of it gives him glory.
    He also delights in it because when he was done with creating
   everything he said it is 'very good.' (Gen.1:31)

    How did his vew of the creation change after Adam and Eve sinned?
    Even though creation does not function as it was created to do because of
    sin entering that creation, God still considers it good. Everything God has
   created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with
   thanksgiving. (1 Tim. 4:4)

Read the series here.

No comments: