Thursday, March 12, 2009

C is With Jesus

The clock will soon strike midnight, I should have my curly hair on the pillow, but for some reason just can't tear myself away from my computer tonight. We've had a lot going in our lives this week. A dear friend from our church passed away Monday night after a long, hard fought battle with cancer. She was shy of her 40th birthday by one month. She leaves behind an 8 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. So sad, but God knows them and will never leave them.
I'm happy for C who is now with Jesus, but I have no words to describe her last 6 weeks on earth. She was kept comfortable in the hospital where I was privileged to spend a few overnights with her, there were several of us who stayed with her so she wouldn't be alone in her last days. She was then moved to a hospice home where her family and loved ones from our church could come and go at anytime. But she lingered for over 3 more weeks before she went home to be with her savior.
I miss her and her laugh, her non-complaining spirit. Even when my husband and I went to visit her late one night, she was still thinking of other people. She didn't want Rob to hurt his back as we tried to prop her up in bed so she could visit. One of her friends told her he was jealous because she would get to see Jesus before him. I'm thrilled for her and sad for us who loved this young woman.

3 comments:

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Jody,

So sorry for those who are left with the sorrow of not having this precious woman around! Cant' say i am sorry for C because we all know that she is in a much better place and Yes i can understand the jealousies of others in this case. May her memories be joyous ones for all that knew her!

In Christ Jesus
Tamela:)

Gigi said...

Jody, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that all who knew her will wrap their arms of love around her family and keep them lifted up. Oh, to see Jesus...

Michelle said...

Beautiful Jody