Friday, April 17, 2009

Overflowing with Christ?

I posted a Valley of Vision prayer on Easter Sunday. The phrase that caught my attention was
"help me to be resolute and Christ-contained..."

I've thought about this for a couple of days, looking up the definition of contain and resolute:

Contain=to be capable of holding, to have within or have a capacity
The pitcher holds two pints but contains only one.

Resolute=firmly resolved and determined

How much of Christ do I contain? and if I'm filled with Christ do I overflow that those around me notice that it is Christ and not just Jody? Am I firmly resolved and determined to be conformed to the image of my Saviour and glorify God in my life? Oh so many questions this week.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

I join you in those questions Jody. I know my answer to the "if I'm filled with Christ do I overflow that those around me notice that it is Christ and not just Gigi" question is not as it should be right now...and that further grieves me. I think I just need to wear out my knees these days. Holy Spirit, come...