Monday, April 20, 2009

What's the Rush?

With time to spare at the Detroit airport a couple of weeks ago I sat down to watch people. What I saw in most people as they sped by is how many are in such a hurry. Why are so many making a mad dash? To the next meeting? Meeting up with extended family? That much awaited vacation? Then when we get to where we're going we can't seem to slow down enough to enjoy what we were in such a hurry to get to.
Could it be that I am just getting old and everyone else seems to be going faster than me?

The sad realization as I waited to board my plane home was that we all do have a final destination.
Eternity.
I was reminded again of this today as I listened to missionaries we had this weekend. I know my destination will be with God my Father and Jesus my Savior, but what about those who have not met Jesus yet? or even heard the message of God's great love and what He did to demonstrate that love?
In a hurry?
Lord may I be in a hurry to tell others this great message.

No comments: