Friday, June 19, 2009

As another Father's Day approaches without my dear dad I am reminded of one of his favorite passages. Shortly before he passed away, but not knowing his time was short, he gathered his pastor and godly friends around him so they could pray for him and read scripture to him.

Psalm 139 was a favorite of his, I think of him everytime I read it, I know he found comfort and courage in this passage. I won't quote the entire chapter here, but it is very worthwhile to take some time to read it this weekend and be reminded just how much our heavenly Father loves and cares for his children.

"My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you."
Psalm 139:15-18

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Jody, you are blessed to have such a wonderful memory of your precious Dad. I know today has been a tough day for you and I'm so very sorry...