Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More Studies in Job


My Sunday School class continues our study in the book of Job. We have covered two chapters in the last several weeks and have moved on to Chapter 3 and 4.


Job suffered the loss of property, possessions, family and his health. The following verses about Job were said because of his relationship with God.

How I want to so walk with God, that when adversity comes I will not charge God with any wrong and I will be able to bless his name.


And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”
"In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong."
Job 1:21-22

"In all this Job did not sin with his lips."
Job 2:10b













2 comments:

Gigi said...

The Book of Job is a double edged sword! So hard to read of one man suffering so much tragedy, yet uplifting to read how he honors the Lord in the midst of it. I'm sure your Sunday school class is enjoying the study!

Thank you for your visit today, Jody. I'm sure this graduation is bittersweet for you. You're in my prayers. Lord, please bring peace and joy, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Tamela's Place said...

Job was an awesome man of God in whom we can learn a lot from.. What a great study!