Monday, July 13, 2009

Knowing God

One of my favorite scripture passages is Philippians 3:7-10, specifically


"...that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death...;"
(v.10)


I often pray that my heart's desire would be toward God, that the eyes of my heart would be opened, and my heart united to God and not divided. I want my heart to be satisfied with God and not the world praying for strength and endurance during the dark seasons, and for God to be glorified in everything.( these are not original with me).

I want to know Christ, but do I want to be conformed to His death? God brings things into my life to conform me to the image of my Savior, but I still focus on the "thing" causing the pain rather than on Christ. But God always has a way of drawing my heart back to Him through His precious written Word which will never fade away but is eternal.

I pulled a book off my shelf to read again to help me focus on the attributes of God. (Great God of Wonders by Peter Jeffery)
I am humbled that this holy God accepts me as I am, he planned my salvation before the foundation of the earth and wants me to know Him.
He has answered my prayers by opening the eyes of my heart leading me back to His Word,


"standing with me, and strengthening me so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished,..."

"The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever."
2 Timothy 4:17,18


Always with me, rescuing me, seeing me safely home
.

No comments: