Friday, March 5, 2010

Ever wonder what God looks like? 
Join in my study of Colossians as I teach it every Sunday morning to women who strive to love God with all their heart, mind and soul.
We will see this week the grand mystery of who Jesus is.
"He is the image of the invisible God,..."
Colossians 1:15a
"He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature,..."
Hebrews 1:3a
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us."
John 1:1-4, 14

So often we make it harder than it really is, saying I want to KNOW God, I just don't know HOW.
The only way to KNOW God is to KNOW His Son, who IS GOD, and the Word(Jesus) was with God.
KNOW God's WORD and you WILL KNOW Him. 
The God who has always been and will forever be came and 'pitched his tent'(ESV notes) among us so we might KNOW Him.
"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen."
Romans 11:32 
Spending the weekend reading SCANDALOUS by D.A. Carson reminding myself what Jesus experienced as he travelled the dusty road to Calvary.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Just today one of my kids in Sunday school wondered what God looks like! I keep telling her that while we won't "see" God in this life, we can and should know Him through his word and his people.