Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Every time I turn on a morning show I regret it, telling myself I'm done watching segments on the latest way to lose weight, how to be beautiful and thin, how to make a lot of money, and what is the latest scoop on celebrity marriages gone bad...again. I asked my husband recently why is there so much of this type of "news" every single day. He wisely said, 'who do you think those segmants are geared toward?' The majority of morning shows veiwers are women and they are giving us what we want to know about.
Is it wrong to eat healthy and exercise? Is it wrong to be frugal and spend God's resources wisely? Is it wrong to be informed about the world around us? No, but do I center my life around those things or do I center my life around God's Word? Do I find my identity in Jesus Christ?
It is a tough world we live in, everywhere we turn whether at the grocery checkout where all the magazines are screaming the same messages to us, or window shopping at the mall where we are tempted to have the latest outfit or, or, or...
I have to saturate my heart, mind and soul with the Word of God, preaching to myself that I am a child of God who loves me more than I can fathom, with my identity found in Jesus.
All these, some good, things will pass away, but I will always be God's.
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be
praised.
Proverbs 31:30
May you be encouraged today to be a woman who loves God with all your heart.

No comments: