Monday, July 26, 2010

Dad

Today would have been my dad's 71st birthday. He went to be with the Lord 2 1/2 years ago. Some days it seems like yesterday I was just visiting with him and my mom on their screened in porch on a lazy summer day.
Other days I miss him so much...I turned around and he was gone.
I recently heard a song about daddy's in heaven. It is a tear jerker every time I hear it reminding me that pain and sorrow and death will soon pass away and we who are abiding in Jesus will see him face to face, falling at his feet to worship our King.
My dad is already doing that, but I know when I see him someday, I will wrap my arms around his neck once again never to be apart. He and I serve the same Savior, he was one of the person's I look to who loved God with all his heart, with all his mind and with all his soul. I watched him as I grew into a young woman, became a wife and mother and disciple of Christ.
I am looking forward to that day, seeing Jesus who died in my place, and seeing my dad where we will worship together once again.

No comments: