Monday, July 26, 2010

Lunch With Lauren

Spent a few hours with Lauren today as we did some shopping and had lunch together. She was gone all last week, so it was time for us to do something together. Out of the blue came this question, oh the mind of a 10 year old:

Lauren: Mom, what was your major in college?

Me: Bible/Missions/Psychology(I had a double major)

Lauren: So what did you do with that major?

Me: I was on my way to graduate school to become a counselor, when I became engaged. So, I became a wife and mother.

Lauren: Ohhhhh!

Me: I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

Lauren: LOL(Laugh out loud)

I love being a wife and mother, but the hands on, day in, day out of mothering is pretty much over. Still very involved in the lives of my children but it is different now.
So, I am asking the Lord at this point in my life what else He has for me. Yes, Lauren is still in the nest, but I am feeling a bit restless as to the direction of my life. Not regarding being a wife, haha, I love being married and in the ministry. But I know God has something else, I'm just waiting to see what that might be. Not to worry K Family, I"m there for you this fall.
If the Lord brings me to your mind would you pray that I will love God with all my heart, mind and soul and whatever He has for me I will honor Him in it.

No comments: