Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I have hestitated to share this blog post, (please read my entire post before you go to the link), because I NEVER want to toot my own horn. I NEVER want people to look at Jody in her many weaknesses, but focus on the Jesus she loves and serves. This particular post was written this past May, so I have given much thought as to how I could share it.
God's Word always helps:

"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ."
1 Corinthians 11:1
"God has designed the Christian life so that much of one's progress comes through imitating other Christians, imperfect though they be."
English Standard Version Bible Study notes

"If I may boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness."
2 Corinthians 11:30

"Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us."
Philippians 3:17
"Paul calls the Philippians to imitate him, a common theme in his letters. Paul's intent is not for the Philippians to focus on him per se but rather for them to join him in humble, radical dependence on Christ."
English Standard Version Bible Study Notes

I strive to make much of God in everything I do. I want to have a radical dependence on Jesus Christ my Savior. Whether it is changing the diaper of the 2 year old I babysit, welcoming my 11 year old home after school, watching college volleyball or teaching Sunday School and discipling a friend who wants to follow Jesus. Depending on Jesus for everything.
I often think what would be said of me at my funeral. I don't want to be eulogized because I gave a lot of money, although that is one of God's spiritual gifts, I don't want to be known for wearing the latest style or travelled the globe or, or, or...
May it be said of me, can it be said of you?
She loved God with all of her heart, with all of her mind and all of her soul and loved her neighbor as much as she loved herself.
Please read the link, keeping in mind, I want to be like Christ and nothing else.

No comments: