Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Theology 101

Christian Beliefs: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know
Chapter 5 What is Prayer?

1. Why does God want me to pray?
    God not only wants me to know about Him, but He wants me to know Him in a personal way.  
    When I pray I form an intimate relationship with God my Father, deepening my dependence on
    Him and love for Him.
2. Is God required to give me what I ask for in prayer? Why or why not?
    No God is not required to give me what I want because I don't always pray according to God's
    will or asking for things we shouldn't be asking for.
3. What hinders my prayers?
    Anything that displeases God will hinder my prayers, but because of Jesus and his finished work on
    the cross, God will hear me as I seek personal holiness(doing less of what displeases God)

Read the series here.

No comments: