Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Theology 101

Christian Beliefs: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know
Chapter 7 What is Man?

1. Why was I created?
     I was created to glorify God. I glorify Him by giving God honor and praise in everything I do and
     say, loving God with all my heart, mind and soul and my neighbor as myself. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
    
    What are some specific examples of ways I can fulfill the purpose I was created for?
     I can honor God in how I raise my family, how I respond to my children, walking at the park or
     gazing at the beautiful sunset. I glorify God by acknowledging Him in everything.

2. What does it mean to be created in God's image?
     "I was made to be like Him (Genesis 1:27-28) I am a moral creature with a sense of right and
      wrong which is a reflection of God's perfect sense of right and wrong."

3. What is my responsibility as God's image bearer?
     I am to represent God on earth like an ambassador represents his country. I am to respect and
     take care of everything God has given me.

Read the series

No comments: