We as women need other godly women who will point us to the truth of God's Word whatever we are facing. Whether it is exciting news, a recent heartbreak or disappointment. We need the wisdom of God's Word applying it to our daily lives so we may live to God's glory. Is my behavior saturated with God's truth so I am not reacting according to the emotion of the day or the time of the month or season of life? We need to be ruled by God's Word and not the roller coaster of emotions.
Am I A Titus 2 Friend?
Edited by Jody Gates
Titus 2:3-5, especially verse 5 talks about being sensible. Some things to think about in looking for Godly women to befriend and being this type of friend.
- Listens Well-Proberbs 15:28; 18:13
- Doesn't get caught up in the emotions of the situation, sensible in her reaction-Proverbs 31:25-26
- Offers Godly comfort-2 Corinthians 1:3-7
- Speaks words of hope, grace, and truth-Ephesians 4:29
- Demonstrates Faith-Hebrews 11:1
- Humbly leads by suggesting ways to practically apply the truth of God's Word-Proverbs 22:17
- Is discreet and confidential-Proverbs 25:9
- Directs her to the One who has all wisdom as her Ultimate Counselor-Psalm 9:9-10
- Prays with her-Colossians 1:9-12
Yesterday was a great day spending the morning with a group of moms, having lunch with a fellow pastor's wife, then spending time with my daughter at college. Back to work today!