Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog

Ever get to the point in a project where you just want to quit? Saying 'why bother? what's the point? Those have been my questions as of late regarding this blog. Why do I write almost all of my feelings, thoughts, opinions, etc. on a social and very public place? I have been questioning my motives and I know the Lord has been searching my heart. 
I have kept a journal for over 20 years and switched to this medium 18 months ago. Why?
  • I initially began because I was not going to let something new get the best of me. Stubborn I guess. I was going to figure out the 'blog' thing because I love to write.
  • I wanted to talk to my "sisters" in Christ, communicating to them on a regular basis.
  • I wanted to glorify God in everything I do.
This blog has evolved over the months. I now want to convey I am living my life before the face of God, whether  I am
  • Raising my family
  • Cooking for my family
  • Teaching Sunday School and women's Bible studies
  • Weeping with those who weep
  • Listening to the hurting
  • Loving my husband and children
  • Watching Kansas beat Syracuse in mens college basketball(watching college basketball)
  • Serving the Lord along side my husband
I want to walk in a way that is worthy of the Lord, attempting to be as authentic and bare faced, which has always been a goal of mine, that I live, love and struggle just like everyone else. I am a 
  • daughter of God
  • daughter and sister
  • wife
  • mother
  • friend
  • pastor's wife
glorifying God and enjoying Him forever.
The blog? We shall see!!

5 comments:

Ellen Coulter said...

That was a "cheap shot" if I ever saw (or read) one! :-)

"Game On!"

Cheryl said...

You MUST keep "blogging"! I enjoy them so much. They have been a blessing to my heart, and have been a great source of encouragement!

Lori said...

We bloggers all go through dragging our feet when we want to stop. I consider it a discipline. Something I've said I'm going to do. Even when I don't feel like it. Even when I don't have anything to say. I want the discipline to carry over in other areas of my life. Whether you blog or don't blog isn't the issue, is it? You are a blessing to many. God uses you even when you don't think you've said anything worthwhile! Like singing off key, what we think we sound like and what God uses are very different. :D

Edie said...

I go through the same thoughts at times. But God is in the details and I have seen Him use this blogosphere for much work and to connect hearts.

Keep glorifying Him in all you do...
...including blogging. :)

Thanks for the prayers. I so appreciate you!

Gigi said...

I think we've all had our "season!" I continue because the Lord led me to begin and I guess He'll lead me to stop!

I know you seek His guidance...