Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I talked with my husband last night and I was right. The discussion during his fourteen hour drive revolved around theology not the weather or baseball scores. "It was great" he said. 
His ears are itching to hear some great men of God encourage him to keep preaching the entire counsel of God, to preach the gospel unashamed. With visitors almost every week we often hear them comment, 'we are having a hard time finding a church that preaches God's Word. 
God's Word and the gospel of Jesus Christ are the foundations upon which we build our church in preaching and teaching. 
We boast of our Lord Jesus Christ and him only do we proclaim.
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Galatians 6:14
So as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.'
1 Corinthians 1:31
Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we my present everyone mature in Christ.
Colossians 1:28
Rob met up with his associate for dinner and he did ask how his wife was doing. They have been on vacation and had not spoke for a week. So I was wrong on one point in my previous post. Rob did ask about his family. You may have to read yesterday's post to understand today's.

No comments: