Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lauren off to school...
Coffee at McDonalds, pick up daughter's check, dentist appointment...
Get groceries and put them away...
Spend two hours mowing and planting flowers...
Arrange yard sale items as they are dropped off for our women's ministry sale this weekend...
Pay bills...
Go to Lauren's softball game...
Talk to Kelsey who is in Italy...
Read a favorite book and my Bible...
Check email, my blog and of course Facebook...


This was my Monday. If you are a faithful reader of this blog and know me very well, you know that I strive to love God with all my heart, with all my mind and with all my soul. Thoughts lately have centered around how do I go about my daily mundane tasks and fulfill this goal in all those tasks.
How do I treasure my Lord Jesus Christ in mowing, in watching a softball game, of writing and reading? How is it possible to love God sitting at my desk paying the bills? How do I glorify God in talking on the phone, of loading and unloading the dishwasher?(although that is one of Lauren's chore's)
One of my conclusions is Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and  do not lean on your own understanding.   In all your ways acknowledge him, and he  will make straight your paths.
As I wake up every morning, I thank God for another day, I will rejoice and be glad in it. I thank God for his provision that I can get in my car, driving to a large supermarket to buy food to eat. As I am outside I thank him for the beauty of his creation, believing his Word that he made everything. I thank God for the safety of the children he has given me, thankful for their health and the young adults they are becoming. Most days can be full of the same tasks and mundane work, but everything changes when I focus on Jesus Christ, lover of my soul who inhabits my heart, mind and soul by the Holy Spirit. He is with me in everything and for that I can't thank him enough. 
Happy Tuesday!

No comments: