Sunday, April 17, 2011

Which Way?

Did I leave you hanging with this post? God has brought many things into my life that I viewed as very painful. (Isaiah 43:2-3)
As I take one day at time and prepare my heart, mind and soul for the future, I know there is no other way through life and the trials it may bring except to put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ.There is no other way. Yes I can receive encouragement from my husband, family and friends whom God has given me. Yes I can ask others to pray for me, yes I can seek godly counsel, but in the end I always go back to God and his precious Word. I turn to Psalms and Proverbs almost everyday. Even as a young mother and busy pastor's wife my Bible(s) have always been open. My three older children are only 4 1/2 years apart, but even when they were young I would lay them down, they were "supposed" to be napping, and then I would relax on the couch with God's Word in my hand. Even if it was for a few minutes I made sure I was feeding my soul. Those three children are now young adults...but my days are still full and it is easier to get distracted and let my mind stray away from the Word of God.
It is more than words on a page. Through everything I have experienced thus far God has drawn me closer to Himself, I have come to know the God of the Bible and I know I can trust Him.
I don't know what the future holds...I don't fear what may come because I stand on Christ the Solid Rock and the Word that is a soothing balm or a sharp sword to my soul.
"Lord, Thomas said, 'we don't know where You're going. How can we know the way."
Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through
Me."
John 14:5-6

No comments: