Friday, February 4, 2011

Broken over Messiness

Several weeks ago I wrote a post about Sanctity of Human Life Sunday which is a day to remind us of the atrocity of abortion, how many children have been murdered since this evil was legalized and what I should be doing everyday to see this wickedness come to an end. I ended that post by saying:
"I want to do more than just recognize this day, but remember everyday that there are
'...those who are being taken away to death that need to be rescued, and those who are stumbling to the slaughter that need to be held back."
 Proverbs 24:11

Since this post I have been praying for an end to abortion, praying for strength and courage for those who work on the front lines of the pro-life movement, I have been lifting before my heavenly Father those who are facing an unplanned pregnancy and what decision they will make and for those women who have had abortions. I have also been praying for those in the abortion industry who provide abortions. Not only have I been praying, but I have begun to once again educate myself by reading several web sites, and even watching an abortion online. I so wanted to look away, but believed God was holding me still as I watched one of his little ones die. I am not recommending this to you my reader...but felt after all these years that I have said how much I hate abortion that it was time for me to look...and be broken over the same things that break the heart of God. I said to myself...'how could this be legal?'
There is so much messiness in life and I believe God is moving me to do something more than write blog posts about what He is doing in my life with family, faith and fellowship. Nothing wrong with any of those, but the Holy Spirit is pricking my heart about homosexuality, human sex trafickking, and abortion. I thank God He has given me a heart for all of his people...we all struggle, some more than others. I want to take the message of Jesus loves me this I know to my Jerusalem, my Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8) I want to love as Jesus loves and be broken over what breaks the heart of God.

These links are Friday Finds regarding some of the issues God is confronting me with.

Wickedness Warring Against Women

The Shocking Side of the Superbowl

Review of a book I read this week, Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide

Superbowl XLV is located in one of the nation's seedbeds of human trafickking


No comments: